Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Japanese Ownage Log

Next update scheduled for December 8, 2011

38.1% of goal completed

In an effort to keep myself motivated on my journey to pwning Japanese I'm going to post monthly, and perhaps, weekly updates of my progress with Anki and successes understanding native Japanese materials. Let's see how it goes...

My aim is to learn and memorize 13,500 facts (these include example sentences and Mass Cloze Deletions) using digital flashcards and - hopefully - be able to read, type(I can write just fine, but my handwriting even in english sucks), and speak Japanese fluently. By fluent I mean being able to interact with native Japanese materials (i.e. books, movies, tv, videogames, etc.) that interest me, type quickly, and speak my thoughts in a snap without too many awkward pauses.

Japanese isn't actually that hard at all
-ajatt.com
DEADLINE is set for June 3, 2012 (166 days) at the latest and March 26, 2012 (139 days) at the earlies. If I can finish my goal within this windows I will officially consider myself a beast.

Also, I'm setting a deadline for myself because Parkinson knows what he was talking about.

Stats as of  November 8, 2011

38.1% of goal completed

 5156 out of a desired 13,500    Total Cards     


Current Abilities/Accomplishments/Super Powers
  • using my operating Windows OS completely in Japanese
  • can follow the basic plot of Japanese television series
  • read 72 pages of Harry Potter 1
  • can understand the lyrics to most songs
  • can successfully create a Niconicodouga account
  • can use online how to forums in Japanese to fix problems with software on my Japanese OS
  • can successfully download and install MMORPGs entirely in Japanese...I'll get to the playing later...
  • can use a monolingual dictionary completely in Japanese to learn new Japanese words
  • can write from memory most any kanji after seeing a it for only a fraction of a second

Kanji Cards - 2,335 out of a desired 3,500    66.7%  done


Total Japanese Facts/Sentences - 2,822 out of a desired 10,000   24.2%  done
  • Japanese Monolingual Mass Cloze Deletion Cards(MCDs) - 402
  • Japanese Sentence Cards - 2,420

Next update scheduled for December 8, 2011. Lets see if I make an ass out of myself. =D

Take care peeps,

-Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment